I was very surprised when I saw a voluminous cabinet in the form of a refrigerator on one of the Warsaw streets. It turns out that this topic is developing very rapidly in Poland, it is called food sharing.
At these points, ordinary people, as well as various volunteers, leave food. Refrigerators are replenished only in whole portions, which every passer-by can take for free. They put fresh food left after a holiday, corporate party, or food is taken from various bars that was not sold during the day.
Food sharing is a place where you can share food too. Poles say it’s a great way to save food from the trash can. And of course the opportunity to get a little of happiness, knowing that today you fed someone just like that. To do this, select the nearest outlet, pack and put stickers with the date on the food you are leaving. Some points are open around the clock, and there are those that close at night.
So, if you wanted to have a snack completely “for free”, then in any map of the city you can drive “food sharing in Warsaw” and you will see points with addresses where these lockers and refrigerators are located. Come, take and eat, no need to pay.
Addresses of points “Jadłodzielnia” in Warsaw
Just like this, type it into a search service or a map. You can often find maps of food sharing points on Facebook, in thematic groups.
I am posting a list of current addresses and the working hours of food-sharing points in Warsaw for October 2021.
1. OPS Bielany / Przybyszewskiego 80/82 / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
2. Urząd Dzielnicy Żoliborz / Słowackiego 6/8 / at the end of the house / refrigerator and wardrobe stand separately / 24/7.
3. SOdON / ul. Kolska 2/4 / refrigerator and wardrobe / Daily from 5:00 am — 10:00 pm.
4. Działdowska 6, wejście przez ogród / refrigerator and wardrobe / Monday to Friday from 8:00 am — 06:00 pm, and on Saturday you can have a snack or share your meal from 02:00 pm to 06:00 pm.
5. Centrum Pomocy Społecznej Śródmieście / Twarda 1 / refrigerator and wardrobe / Monday to Friday from 8:00 am — 4:00 pm.
6. Zieleniak / Grójecka 97, w prześwicie / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
7. Urząd Dzielnicy Włochy / al. Krakowska 257 / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
8. Mokotowskie Centrum Integracji Mieszkańców / ul. Woronicza 44a / refrigerator and wardrobe / Monday to Sunday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
9. Bazar Lotników / pawilon 83A / refrigerator and wardrobe / Monday to Friday from 07:00 am — 07:00 pm, and on Saturday from 08:00 am — 2:00 pm
10. MAL Kłobucka / Kłobucka 14 / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
11. Urząd Dzielnicy Ursynow / al. Komisji Edukacji Narodowej 61 / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
12. Otwarta Ząbkowska / Bazar Różyckiego, wejście od ul. Ząbkowskiej 12, przy lokalu Bar Bazaar / fridge / Monday–Tuesday from 06:00 am to 06:00 pm, Wednesday–Friday from 06:00 am to midnight and Saturday–Sunday from 4 pm to midnight.
13. Miejsce Akcji / Paca 40 / refrigerator and wardrobe / Monday–Wednesday 02:00 pm — 4:00 pm, Thursday–Saturday 10:00 am — 4:00 pm.
14. Stół Powszechny / ul. Jana Zamoyskiego 20 / wardrobe (outside) / 24/7.
15. OPS Praga Południe / ul. Wiatraczna 11 / refrigerator and cabinet / Monday to Friday from 8:00 am — 4:00 pm (only products in their original packaging).
16. Zakopiańska Ogródek / ul. Zakopiańska 21 in the garden / wardrobe / 24/7.
17. OPS Rembertów / ul. Plutonowych 10 / 24/7.
18. Ryneczek Poraje / ul. Porajów 1 / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
19. Serce Miasta / ul. 11 Listopada 22 / wardrobe / 24/7.
20. Smocza / ul. Smocza 3 / Monday to Friday 9:00 am — 5:00 pm, Saturday 10:00 am — 2:00 pm.
21. Syrena / ul. Wilcza 30 / wardrobe / 24/7.
22. Podzielnia / ul. Czarnomorska 11.
23. Nasze Podwórko / Barcelońska 1 / wardrobe.
24. Wawer / ul. Korkowa 119/123 / 24/7.
25. Uniq Fight Club / ul. VI Poprzeczna 23.
26. Caritas / ul. Izbicka 7 / refrigerator / 24/7.
27. OPS Wawer / ul. Włókiennicza 54 / 24/7.
28. Domek Wesoła / ul. Orzechowa 1, na tyłach przedszkola / refrigerator and wardrobe / 24/7.
I am very glad if you found out where to have a snack for free in the capital of Poland, the beautiful city of Warsaw.
A 70% discount on food from a restaurant in Warsaw is real
On the territory of Poland, there is an application such as TOO GOOD TO GO, thanks to which you can order food from any restaurant or cafeteria with a 70% discount.
Download it, choose a restaurant or cafeteria nearby, order it, pick it up — eat it!
Trams, buses and metro in Warsaw are perfect!
What if your chosen restaurant or food-sharing point is far away?
Then public transport will be the best solution.
Choose such types of transport as buses, trams and minibuses, because they are distinguished by their speed, accuracy in time and lower prices than taxis.
Buy tickets for public transport in advance, at the ticket offices at stops. Because there are no conductors in Polish transport, drivers do not accept payment and very often you can meet inspectors.
In buses with city routes in Warsaw, you can ride a hare, but if you are caught, then the fine will definitely not be small. I do not advise you to take risks.
And remember, the less we spend on travel, the more we can travel!
Materials were prepared by Anna Demchuk.