Taxi services are a popular and convenient mode of transportation not only in Warsaw, the capital city of Poland, but also in various other cities across the country. This article aims to provide comprehensive information on how to access taxi services in different urban centers and present an overview of the approximate fare prices for travelers’ reference.
Differentiating Legitimate Taxi Services
It is crucial for passengers to distinguish between legal and informal taxi services to ensure safety and fair pricing. Legitimate taxis should have a visible “Taxi” sign on their roof, a functional taximeter inside the vehicle, and their drivers must possess valid taxi licenses.
Taxi Fares in Warsaw
As the capital city, Warsaw generally tends to have higher taxi fares compared to other cities. The following are the approximate tariff rates for taxis in Warsaw:
- Initial fare: 7-8 zlotys
- Daytime price per kilometer: 3 zlotys
- Nighttime, weekend, and holiday price per kilometer: 6 zlotys
- Out-of-town trips during weekdays: 6 zlotys
- Out-of-town trips during weekends and at night: 9 zlotys
- Waiting time (per hour): Approximately 40 zlotys
- Pre-booking fee (e.g., to the airport): 50 zlotys
Affordable Taxi Options in Other Cities
Travelers can find budget-friendly taxi services in various Polish cities. Below are some examples of cost-effective taxi options:
- Wroclaw: OPTI Taxi Wroclaw: Rates starting from 2 zlotys per kilometer, with a minimum fare of 15 zlotys.
- Krakow: Eco Taxi Krakow: Rates starting from 1.8 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee of 7 zlotys.
- Poznan: M1 Taxi Poznan: Rates starting from 1.95 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee of 4.95 zlotys.
- Katowice: Lider: Rates starting from 1.68 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee of 6 zlotys.
- Gdansk: Hallo Taxi: Rates starting from 2.16 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee from 6.80 zlotys.
- Lodz: Green Cab Taxi: Rates starting from 1.80 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee from 6 zlotys.
- Lublin: Damel Taxi: Rates starting from 1.80 zlotys per kilometer, with a starting fare of 6.40 zlotys for the first kilometer.
- Szczecin: TAXI SZCZECIN: Rates starting from 2.40 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee from 3.99 zlotys.
- Bialystok: Non-Stop: Rates starting from 2.16 zlotys per kilometer, with a boarding fee from 5.40 zlotys.
Taxis offer travelers the convenience of flexible transportation, both in Warsaw and other Polish cities. While taxi fares may vary across different locations, it is essential to opt for legitimate taxi services to ensure a safe and reliable journey. As the prices may be subject to changes, it is advisable for passengers to verify the current fare information before booking a taxi.